RE: linearized tables

Hi Greg,

I think the problem is that most programs linearize by listing the items in
the order they are appear in the HTML.  So labels above items would not
linearize in any very usable fashion.

This is not a problem with tables that present tabular information.  In that
case - the column headers across the top (If appropriately marked) would be
the proper way to lay out a table.  (especially since there are usually
labels down the side too.)  Not that the linearization rule does not apply
to tables used for tabular information.

It WOULD be a good idea for programs that linearize tables to give the user
the option to flip it top-for-side to see if it were easier to understand or
use in that manner.  I don't know which ones do that though.   Anyone know
of table linearizers with a flip layout function?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.