Re: more table tricks

At 02:05 PM 3/8/00 -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>>
>> Since IE and Communicator do not position the CAPTION element consistently
>> between them, authors have found other ways to create captions that look
>> nice.  suggestions include using nested tables or images to position the
>> caption.

Furthermore, users want to position the caption not only consistently
between the browsers but also consistently within the document. That may
mean that you want it under the table just like the captions for images are
laid out in your document.

It would be nice to have means in CSS to be able to easily position an
object relative to another object. Positioning with flow becomes
complicated with several objects (when you don't want to structure mark-up
according to layout needs). Or maybe I just haven't found the right example
of how to do it.

Marja