Re: An RDF conformance scheme

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Marja is closer to it... (no, this isn't supposed to be a guessing game!)
>
> you say something like
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:resource="http://my.com/somepage">
>   <waiConform:meets>
>     <rdf:Bag>
>       <li resource="some checkpoint URI"/>
>       <li resource="some different checkpoint URI"/>
>       <li resource="some other checkpoint URI"/>
>     </rdf:Bag>
>   </waiConform:meets>
> </rdf:Description>

Actually I wouldn't use the rdf:Bag construct as it overcomplicates the
model for no immediate gain. It also makes querying / inference fiddlier.

I'd use the following (note that I'm web: instead of rdf: for the RDF
namespace; i reckon this reads better...)

 <web:Description web:about="http://my.com/somepage">
   <waiConform:meets web:resource="some checkpoint URI"/>
   <waiConform:meets web:resource="some different checkpoint URI"/>
   <waiConform:meets web:resource="some other checkpoint URI"/>
 </web:Description>

> to describe the checkpoints that something meets. This allows you to make
> some inferences, one of which can also be expressed using the scheme (if I
> have the syntax correct, which is not a very high likelihood) as
>
> <rdf:Description about="http://my.com/somepage">
>   <waiConform:levelA
> rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505"/>
> </rdf:Description>

Not sure what this says, but looks plausible :-)

Dan