Re: Labelling web page functionality for blind users

Scott Luebking wrote:

> Hi, Gregory
>
> Suppose that you were appearing before a congressional sub-committee.
> How would you argue before them why no functionality provided on
> web pages should be labelled as being appropriate for blind users?
> Why would this be of benefit to most blind web users of various levels
> of computer/web sophistication?

Hi Scott,

I would like to encourage you to initiate discussions like this
on the w3c-wai-ig list rather than the w3c-wai-gl list. I believe
that the IG list is more appropriate for general discussions, while
the GL list is more appropriate for concrete discussions about
the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Due to the amount of
mail I receive and must process, I count on exchanges on this
list to be as lean as possible.

I don't mean to discourage discussion, but to encourage it
in the appropriate forum. If this question has a direct bearing
on the WCAG, it belongs here. It was not clear to me from
your questions that they had a direct bearing on the Working
Group's chartered work.

Thank you for understanding,

 - Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814 or 212 532-4767
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783