Re: acronym for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines working group

aloha, wendy!

i cast my vote for WCGL WG, as that is the clearest and (to my mind, at least)
most sensible acronym...  WCAG WG would lead to confusion...

gregory.

At 01:02 PM 1/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I found that the Web Characterization activity also uses  "WC" acronyms. I
>had thought they were using WC but it turns out they use WCG as well as
>WCA.  I had proposed WCG for the Web Content Guidelines working group in
>the draft of the charter.  This obviously won't work.
>
>Therefore here are some new proposals:
>1. WCAG WG - it puts the "accessibility" back into the name, but people
>could potentially confuse the working group with the document.
>2. WCGL WG - Web content guidelines working group.  i have no issues with
>this one.
>
>Previously Discarded:
>1. GL - people could infer that the WAI only produces one set of guidelines.
>2. markup - too general and confusing with markup activities.
>
>so far, (2 responses) WCAG WG is the running favorite with the WAI team.
>
>thoughts?
>--wendy
>--
>wendy a chisholm
>world wide web consortium
>web accessibility initiative
>madison, wi usa
>tel: +1 608 663 6346
>/--

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>