Re: demo of grouping with divs and accesskey

aloha, cynthia!

using JFW 3.50.37 to listen to the demo page, this is what i heard:

1) when the page loaded, JFW automatically read from the beginning of the
first DIV (DIV tabindex="1" accesskey="d") through to the un-DiVed level
one header "Demo", and then stopped speaking

2) using the accesskeys, i heard the following:

2A) ALT+N "Navigation Link One" "Navigation Link Two" (don't know why JFW
didn't identify the links as links, though)

2B) ALT+A "ALT A" (keystroke echo only) -- when i routed the JAWS cursor to
the application cursor (which was in the "ads" DIV), and issued the read
line command, i heard
         "Navigation Link One An Ad For Something You Really Want"
issuing the INSERT+TAB command (read current item with focus, used mostly
to speak labels associated with form controls, but which also reads the
current hyperlink, if the point-of-regard/focus is on a hyperlink) did not
cause anything to be spoken

2C) ALT+C: caused JFW to speak the entire content of the "content" <DIV
tabindex="6" accesskey="C">, but again, JFW did not identify the links as
links, as it is set to do

2D) ALT+D: caused JFW to read from the beginning of the first DIV (<DIV
tabindex="1" accesskey="d">) through to the un-DiVed level one header
"Demo"; it also disabled the native UA command ALT+D, which moves focus to
the "Address" bar (but i could still query the address bar using JFW's
INSERT+A command, which reads the content of the address bar)

3) tabbing through the page, i heard:

         Navigation Link One Tabindex Directions
         Navigation Link Two Link
         An Ad For Something You Really Want link
         link link
         another link link

subsequent pressing of the TAB key did not cycle through the tabindicies
defined for the DIVs, but merely echoed the TAB key's label ("TAB")

4) my best experience of the page was obtained by reloading the page,
squelching speech using the CONTROL key when the document finished
rendering (and JFW announced "page has 5 links"), and then reviewing it
using JFW's "ReadAll" command (INSERT+NumPad2) -- it read the page
logically, and fully, and gave me a much better understanding of the page
than any of the other methods i had yet attempted...

5) using JFW's Virtual Cursor, i was able to navigate the document in the
following chunks:

5A)

CONTROL+NumPad5 read first level 1 header "Directions"

CONTROL+UpArrow read content of TITLE element: "Demo of Chunk Navigation"

CONTROL+DownArrow (after returning to the "Directions" header) full
contents of first paragraph in first DIV

CONTROL+DownArrow  full contents of second paragraph in first DIV full
contents of third paragraph in first DIV

CONTROL+DownArrow read second level one header "Demo"

CONTROL+DownArrow read ("in one breath") link Navigation Link One link
Navigation Link Two link An Ad For Something You Really Want

CONTROL+DownArrow read content of the final DIV on the page contiguously,
without differentiating between the level 2 header "Content" and the
ensuing content (which isn't structurally marked up)

Note:  JFW did not announce the presence and dimensions of tables, as it is
set to do (possibly because they occur inside and span DIVs?)

System Specs:
Gateway Solo LS2500 Laptop, with Micron PC Windows95 keyboard
         RAM: 224MB
         CPU: Pentium II, 366MHz
         OS: Windows95 (version 4.01.0.971.B)

Video Card Details:
         type: NeoMagic MagicGraph 128XD
         software version: 4.10.01.0009-Q6.16.02
         drivers: nmgc.drv, nmgcVdd.vxd,NmgcDD.dll

Display Settings:
         color palette: 256 Colors
         desktop area: 800 by 600 pixels

Sound Card: NeoMagic MagicWave 3DX Sound System
         (driver: NMA255.VXD version >4.0.13.2420)

Screen-Reader:
         JFW version: 3.50.37 <http://www.hj.com>

Synthesizers:
         software: Eloquence for JFW (provided with 3.5 release)
         hardware: DECTalk Express (using HJ-supplied drivers)

gregory.