Re: issues with examples in WCAG 1.0

Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Cynthia Shelly wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > It's not entirely clear when reading the guidelines that the examples are
> > non-normative.
>
> Cynthia,
>
> Section 3 says that for each checkpoint there are:
>
>   "Optional informative notes, clarifying examples,
>    and cross references to related guidelines or checkpoints. "
>
> The "informative" is supposed to distribute to the whole sentence.

I just took a look at the UA Guidelines and I think that we
need to clearly identify which notes are examples, which are references,
which are bound to the checkpoint to clarify it (and thus have
normative weight).

 -Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783