Re: Captions for audio clips

Yes, but as far as I know that won't help since you aren't allowed to put the
text somewhere else in the file (unless using comments or something, but that
seems much too much of a hack to be a smart answer).

Charles

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Chris Lilley wrote:

  "J.R. van Ossenbruggen" wrote:

  > About the complaints that SMIL 1.0 forces you to split up the text in
  > many small files:
  >
  > Note that in SMIL 1.0, you can have text in the SMIL file by using the
  > <text src="data:..." /> syntax.  I know this is not ideal when you
  > edit SMIL by hand: you probably will need some tool to escape the
  > illegal URI characters (such as spaces etc).

  In SMIL Boston, it should be possible to say

  <text href="xptr(pointer to elsewhere in the file)">

  shouldn't it?

  --
  Chris

--