RE: Captions for audio clips

That's exactly what I am suggesting. I think the priority should be hgher
than P3 - note my second point below.

There are a couple of points to think about:
1. This is in a case where the music is part of hte content, and not just
additional decoration.
2. We seem to have a current assumption that web browsing is a solitary
exercise, and this assumption is informing our priortisation in some cases. I
think that may be a false assumption, particularly in the area of cognitive
disabilities, but in other common use cases as well, such as trying to work
in a team, or a working group.

Charles McCN

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 pjenkins@us.ibm.com wrote:

  CMN
  >... However for people
  >who have marinal hearing, having the sound and the captions/score
  available
  >and synchronisd is ...

  Charles, are you suggesting that for the "equivalent alternative" of a
  musical song, that I have all three, the music, and the synchronized text
  AND the synchronized musical score?  [i.e., the "bouncing ball" video
  production?]

  I could agree that all three would be useful, perhaps improve
  accessibility, and certainly improve teaching techniques - still a P3.

  Regards,
  Phill Jenkins

--
Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org    phone: +61 409 134 136