Re: A brief analysis of dynamically generated web pages and

aloha, scot!

yes, you are being clearer, and i'm beginning to think that we are talking
about the same sorts of things, only mine's client side,  and it isn't tailored
for the blind, it's tailored for _me_ and for the system, and user agent from
which the request for the content was issued...

gregory.

Scott wrote, in reply to Wendy:
>I think we may not be talking about the same problem.  I'm looking at
>the situation where there is a need for pages to be generated
>dynamically.  There is some aspect of the application which prevents the
>web page from being stored.  Perhaps, the page content in some way is not
>static.  For example, information from two sources being merged together
>by user request.  A search engine responding to queries.  The data from
>a datasource may not be marked up or the data coming from multiple
>sources using different mark up formats.  As a result, the data has to
>be massaged and converted to a format for presentation.  My proposal is
>that there be an ability for the software doing the massaging to produce
>the information in multiple formats.
>
>I guess what I'd like to recommend is that if web pages are being
>generated dynamically for some reason, e.g some aspect of the content is
>not static from presentation to presentation, I'd like to see that there
>would be a choice of an accessible version being generated.
>
>I hope I'm being clearer in my intent.
>
>Scott
He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>