Re: minutes posted

At 06:09 PM 10/28/99 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>minutes from today's call are available at:
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/meetings/19991028.html
>
>as usual, if you see a correction that needs to be made, let me know.
>
>--wendy

Quote:

     * Resolved: shouldn't use " ". &nbsp just another form of white
       space. " " because ignored. &nbsp because it should not be used
       for formatting. only used to keep pieces of text together (e.g. in
       WCAG we keep the word "priority" and the level together).

Maybe I am just dreaming, but at the time in the call I did not get the
impression that there was such a consensus.  Chuck, do you believe that
there was consensus on this point?

There is a line in the minutes to the effect:

   WC won't hurt anything, so can't use?

and I don't believe that that question has been answered.  Where is the
demonstrable case of actual harm?

What is the proposed markup alternative?

Al