Re: Fw: Checkpoint 3.3

My knee-jerk answer is yes, because CSS actually includes a mechanism whereby
HTML 3.2 presentational elements which were deprecated in HTML 4.0 are
included in the CSS cascade.

The point against is that inline elements are not part of style sheets,
which is what the checkpoint actually requires.

What do other folks think?

Charles

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 03:26 AM 7/16/1999 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >The guidelines state "use CSS to control layout and presentation". This means
  >it is possible to create a page which does not use any particular
  >presentation control (which is what I normally do) and to attach a stylesheet
  >which provides safe styling if you want.

  Question:  Does the HTML Writers Guild's homepage, at
  http://www.hwg.org/index.html , satisfy checkpoint 3.3?

  It uses both HTML _and_ CSS for layout and presentation.