Re: 6.5 Frames and dynamic content

Phil,

I agree that there is some redundancy.  I raised a similar issue a couple
weeks ago.

The original intention of this checkpoint was to warn authors about the
perils of using images as targets of frames because there is no way to
attach alt-text to the image.  However, that is more of a technique, so we
tried to generalize it a bit: "Ensure that the source of each frame is a
markup file, such as HTML." To make it less HTML-centric frames were
generalized into "dynamic content" since the contents of the frame often
change.

I agree that frames could be covered under 6.3.  A proposed rewording could
be as follows.  Note that the example is also different not only to reflect
frames, but to also incorporate discussion from the 4/15 call.

6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other dynamic
objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not possible, provide
equivalent information either on an alternative accessible page or within
the content of the element.

A few examples:
* An example of an alternative mechanism for an applet simulation is a
video recording of someone interacting with the applet simulation.
* In HTML, use a NOFRAMES element within a FRAMESET.
* When using JavaScript in an HTML document, do not use "javascript:" as
the URI for a link. If it is not possible to make the page usable without
scripts, provide a text equivalent with the NOSCRIPT element, use a
server-side script instead of client-side script, or provide an alternative
accessible page.
Refer also to guideline 1.

--wendy