Re: Events (Xposted)

At 10:58 AM 29-10-98 -0600, Paul Adelson <paul.adelson@citicorp.com> wrote:
>Sorry for the cross-post, but there is an important issue being overlooked
>here that pertains to both UA and PAGL:

Agreed

>onMouseOver can enhance accessibility and there is no effective alternative at
>this time, yet people are suggesting it not be used.
>For low-vision users, it is very helpful to get extra visual feedback -- as
>can be provided by highlighting a link when the mouse cursor passes over it.
>Using the events in this way can improve accessibility for people with low
>vision and does not limit accessibility for people who don't use a mouse.

Occasionally (rare) I use keyboard mouse with my headwand, a good visual cue
would help my sideways view. Also some mouse drivers know to keep going on a
given direction after an initial move indicates a target: it seems like a
good idea, if the OS could do it.

Regards,
Bryan

-> "Its been said the pebbles can't stop the avalanche, guess the pebbles
didn't have access to the Web!"