Re: Guidelines - some comments

The anybrowser component of OBJECT should be the fact that either the
OBJECT is rendered or the content is presented instead. Otherwise the
browser violates the basic principle of ignoring markup if it doesn't
understand it.

But there is certainly incosistency in which types of objects are
rendered, and it is not clear why. It also seems very bug-ridden -
testing it is the easiest way I have found of generating an intermittent
terminal failure in a browser (MSIE4, NS4). I am going to try it out when
I re-install Netscape (it died on me). I think Chuck Opperman was
surprised that I had successfully used OBJECT in IE4 (sometimes).

Charles McCathieNevile