Re: Permission to Quote W3C Guidelines in Co

Dear Bruce,

Yes please feel free to quote the "WAI Accessibility Guidelines: Page
Authoring," with appropriate credits to the W3C's published working draft,
which in turn credits the authors and contributors to the guidelines.

I'd also request that you let us know when your material is up so that we
may link to it.  This sounds like just the type of "before and after"
example that we're interested in showing people.

Thanks for your interest.

- Judy

At 11:41 AM 3/3/98 -0700, Townsend, Bruce wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My name is Bruce Townsend and I am a visually impaired student at the
College of the Rockies in Cranbrook, B.C., Canada and I am currently
completing a post graduate program in New Media Communicaitons. As a
project for the Communications component, I am creating a small web site
that is created without using the WAI guidelines, and then reconstructing
it using as many of the required and recommended guidelines as possible.

>I would like to have your permission to quote directly from your
guidelines and to place links to your WWW site so that others can become
aware of how to create accessible sites. I would also appreciate any
suggestions as to where I may find examples of good sites and help or
suggestions for creating accessible sites - ie, listserves. As well, are
there any other sites or institutions that may be interested in seeing my
final project, and would be willing to give me feedback on how well I
did. I am aware of  Bobby!

>Thank you,
>
>Bruce Townsend (Blinky)
Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
http://www.w3.org/WAI