RE: ACCESSKEY attribute

In IE the ACCESSKEY is assigned to the Alt so that is follows the
Alt+menu-mnemonic convension (as in selecting a menu from the menu bar).
Given that: If, for example, a 'Save' Button uses ACCESSKEY="s", then the
button text should be _S_ave (i.e., Save with the initial S underlined:
<u>S</u>ave). One caveat for all browsers. Unless it is clear to the user
where the focus is, the user may attempt this key-combination with
unpredictable results. That is, if the focus is on a browser object, the
Alt-combo my activate a menu item for the browser, if one matches, and not
the component within the HTML page.

David.
David A. Bolnick
Accessibility Program Manager: Multimedia, Telecommunications
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA  98052
Web: http://microsoft.com/enable