From: Colin F Reynolds [mailto:colin@the-net-effect.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 5:41 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: ALT text survey

In article <E3A3FFB80F5CD1119CED00805FBECA2F013BBDB3@red-msg-
55.dns.microsoft.com>, "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann"
<chuckop@MICROSOFT.com> writes

[snippage of competition-bashing]

>No guidelines should recommend to authors that they specify minimum HEIGHT=
>and WIDTH= attributes,

Why not? "Height" and "width" are _attributes_ of an image; they
describe the content. That's what "markup" is all about.

> since the radically affects page layout.

Ah. That's where you've gone wrong. HTML is not a page layout language.
--
Colin Reynolds, The Net Effect (World Wide) Ltd
http://www.the-net-effect.com/