Re: images, bullets, and style sheets FYI

hmm,
it does sound like we're seeing different things.  I've set up a mac with
msie 4.0 (wow, is ie4 different between the two platforms!)

You're right. With image loading off, all of the image bullets are loaded.
The first 401K has a browser drawn bullet (as it should - it is not a list
item of class "new").  Also, the second 401K does NOT have a bullet at all
because it is an item in a definition list (thought I'd try a few different
things).

Two questions I would like answers to:
1.  why does this work differently between the mac and win95?
2.  why is the IMG loaded?  it is not associated with any list items?  I
think the answer might be that the image got loaded in the cache because of
the style sheet property and therefore loaded wherever it appeared.

I'm concerned that outspoken does not recognize the default bullets.  It
used to say something like "a acute" didn't it?  wonder what's going on
here.

hmmmm.
--wendy