Re: Testing dynamic pages

On Monday, Jan 5, 2004, at 16:53 Europe/Rome, Michael Cooper wrote:

> Hi Charles - are you looking at the ability to test dynamic pages
> generated
> based on form data and behind form submits?

Essentially I think I am looking at this process, in the first
instance. And yes, Watchfire sounds like the other tools described that
handle this.

> Or is there something about the
> interaction of the pages and independent of the generated content of
> any
> individual page?

The one thing that comes up here is related to EARL - how do I describe
the fact that I have assessed "the login process for a website"? I
presume it isn't that tricky, but requires a special RDF vocabulary
which can talk about a process which includes multiple pages that each
have to meet a set of criteria. Because if any one of the pages fails,
then the process will fail. And quite often the processes, or user
paths, are what is important - I think this is used more formally in
usability testing, but it strikes me as a different way of explaining
something rather than a fundamental difference in what people do.

I'll think about it, because it seems an interesting way to extend EARL
data. It also points up the strength of having EARL as RDF - it should
be relatively easy to do in a way that doesn't require rebuilding lots
of tools...

Cheers

Chaals