From: w3c-wai-er-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-er-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Chris Ridpath
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 16:42
To: WAI ER IG List
Subject: EARL Testcase

EARL can be used to state that a particular resource passes or fails a
particular test. The test can be something subjective like the WAI
guidelines. We can use the earl:testcase element to make these sort of
statements.

Our checker program makes a statement that a particular page passes or
fails
the WAI guidelines and uses our URI as the definition of the WAI
guidelines.
Example:

<earl:testcase
rdf:resource="http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/wcag-1-0-aa.xml" />

Other programs will generate a similar statement and will reference
their
definition of the WAI guidelines. Example:

<earl:testcase rdf:resource="http://accessibility.tester/WCAG-AA.html"
/>

How can a program collect the EARL results from various checking tools
and
tell if the page passes/fails the WAI guidelines?

To put it another way - How can you tell that both programs are testing
the
same guidelines? (Perhaps using the earl:testcase rdf:about attribute?)

Chris