Re: EARL And Validator

Hi Chris,

you're using the 0.95 namespace - you should be using the nmg-strawman
namespace (this isn't really clear from the spec, it would be nice if there
was a chartered working group which would enable a republishing of the spec
as a Working Draft).

here is an exmaple of some earl from that spec, generated by my Xforms
interview tool - http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200305/axforms/readme for
more info...

Note that it defines the common bits once (subject, assertor) and uses a
made-up namespace interpretation of WCAG.

For the Testcase I have added a dc:title - otherwise I could have simplified
it somewhat. (The info comes from a file I generated as an input to my
Xform).

<rdf:RDF xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
         xmlns:earl="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#"
         xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"
         xmlns:wcag="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#">

  <earl:WebContent rdf:about="#subject">
    <earl:reprOf rdf:resource="http://example.org/"/>
    <earl:date>2003-10-28T20:59:01-01:00</earl:date>
  </earl:WebContent>

  <earl:Assertor rdf:about="#assertor">
      <rdf:type><foaf:Person/></rdf:type>
      <earl:name>Your Name</earl:name>
      <earl:email rdf:resource="mailto:you@your.email.address"/>
  </earl:Assertor>

  <earl:Assertion rdf:about="#wcag1cp1.1">
   <earl:subject rdf:resource="#subject"/>
   <earl:message>an example of something listed as passing</earl:message>
    <earl:result
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#pass"/>
    <earl:mode
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#manual"/>
    <earl:testcase>
      <earl:TestCase
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#tech-text-equivalent">
        <wcag:priority
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#wc-priority-1"/>
        <dc:title>1.1  Provide a text equivalent for every non-text element
</dc:title>
      </earl:TestCase>
    </earl:testcase>
    <earl:assertedBy rdf:resource="#assertor"/>
  </earl:Assertion>

  <earl:Assertion rdf:about="#wcag1cp1.2">
   <earl:subject rdf:resource="#subject"/>
   <earl:message>in this case it is set up to fail</earl:message>
   <earl:result
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#fail"/>
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#tech-redundant-server-links">
        <wcag:priority
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#wc-priority-1"/>
        <dc:title>1.2  Provide redundant text links for each active region of
a server-side image map. </dc:title>
      </earl:TestCase>
    </earl:testcase>
    <earl:assertedBy rdf:resource="#assertor"/>
  </earl:Assertion>
</rdf:RDF>

cheers

Chaals