Re: Future of EARL

Hi Shane,

At 01:08 PM 7/31/2003 -0600, Shane Anderson wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>The WAVE will soon provide the option of giving EARL feedback. As we
>continue to develop the WAVE, should we keep this feature? The rumor I
>have heard is that EARL will be replaced with a different reporting language.

It's good to hear that WAVE will be implementing EARL.

There are no plans right now on W3C/WAI's part to replace EARL with a
different reporting language; in fact, we have recently started discussions
on completing EARL so that it can be more broadly used.

I'm not sure what rumor you had heard. Thanks for checking here. If you
have further questions or can provide other information, please let us know.

>  And I see little activity here. What are the future plans for this area
> of the WAI?

We're hoping to re-start some EARL and other tools-related work in ERT WG
shortly. Please stay tuned...

Regards,

- Judy