Re: EARL for validators

I think the simplest way is to make two claims:

that the subject failed a particular test (doesn't have a character set
encoding or something) and that the overall test (valid CC, for example) is
not tested.

You could subclass NotTested and Fail with a results class like
ConsequentiallyPointless.Then you assert

1. page X has no defined characters (Fail "hasDefinedCharacters"),
mode = automatic

2. page X has result ConsequentiallyPointless for testCase
valid CSS, mode = inference (how do you specify what you used for the
inference - should there be a based-on someURI property?)

Which is equivalent to saying "I know that it isn't valid because it has no
characters, but I didn't test anything more than the characters."

You can also do this with multiple assertions:
2a. Fails CSSValidity, by inference from 1
2b. {lots of tests} nottested

I think...

Chaals