Re: FYI : Public beta test of the W3C Markup Validator

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> The Markup (ex-HTML) validator team is starting today a public beta
> test of the service :
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2002Oct/0058.html
>
> This may be of interest for the ER Group, since this version allows
> output in EARL, e.g:
> http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=http://www.w3.org;output=earl

Can people take a look at that please?  It's taking a slightly different
approach to Page Valet, and I'm contemplating bringing Valet into line
with this.

It asserts that a page passes or fails validation - no problem there
(so long as we accept no-reification).

In the case of a fail, it adds a set of further assertions for each
validation error.  These use rdf:about to identify the page, and
identify subject as the offsets within the page[1].  They also use
validation error messages as EARL testcases.  I like it, but I wonder
if it might be too much of an "interesting" approach.

[1] I note a bug in the "offset" field; will try & fix that ASAP.

--
Nick Kew