XHTML 2 and legacy Re: HTML friendly links to metainformation

There is a difference between "backwards compatibility is not a requirement"
and "backwards compatibility is not an issue". As I understand it the HTML
group are not planning to break any backwards compatibility without a good
reason to do so.

Chaals

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

  Al Gilman:
  > Of course, HTML WG are saying that XHTML 2.0 doesn't have to be
  > legacy-safe, but I am still concerned to come up with usages that are.

  I think in WAI terms, we do have to be legacy safe unless there's some
  incredibly powerful reason, anything that breaks current access technology
  is dangerous.

  Jim.