[w3c-wai-er-ig] <none>

> <200110201432.KAA598704@smtp1.mail.iamworld.net>
Subject: Re: document types in retrieving "information about me"
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:19:15 +0100

[Limited to wai-er-ig, as it's just on Reporting languages/EARL]

Al Gilman:
>This is a lot of stuff, and it is only a working estimate
>trying to bracket the range within which a solution
>could be found.  Your questions and comments
>would be most welcome.

The reply answered many of my questions, but didn't address my concerns, I
tried to reply on each point, and it was coming across very unstructured
and not really too helpful.  Note my MIME-TYPE problem isn't really about
mime-type's it's about uniquely identifying the report type externally, so
the appropriate processor can be used.

I'm going to ask some questions about how EARL is to be used, which will
hopefully allow me to be more focused on what my concerns are and
therefore be more constructive:

Who/what is the audience for reports?
What does this audience do with these reports?
Does a query language need to be developed?
What happens if there's an alternative to EARL, also in RDF how do the
users tools distinguish between the 2?

Jim.