Re: EARL: Simple Sample

I'd be happy to work on an example, but I don't know exactly what that
means.  What do you envision?  An evaluation report of site A written in
EARL?  For example, if I look at the output of WAVE on
http://www.w3.org/WAI/  I can see that WAVE asserts a reading order of the
page.  WAVE also asserts that every image has alt-text and that none seem
to be suspicious.   Now I need to figure out how to state these assertions
using the syntax we've been discussing...

First attempt will be to assert that I think the alt-text on the image that
linearizes the table is ok.  Using Sean's latest summary of a syntax [1]
combined with what we discussed on Monday [2] and Len's summary of that
discussion [3]...I have thrashed the syntax, but here's a stab...probably
in the dark. (I've combined my references in this paragraph with
prefixes...hope that isn't confusing)

[1] @prefix
s:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2001Feb/0060.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2001/02/12-minutes.html
[3] @prefix
l:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2001Feb/0097.html
@prefix h:http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
@prefix earl:http://earl  #doesn't exist

#use XPath to express which image we're making an assertion about
<h:img[@src="/Icons/detab"]> has <h:@alt> of "change column layout"

<earl:person> <#name> "wendy"

"wendy" <earl:asserts> "the alt attribute of <h:img[@src="/Icons/detab"]>
has <l:quality>"

#The assertion shouldn't be a string, but wasn't sure how to fit it into
the vocabulary or syntax.  All of these should be strung together into one
assertion, shouldn't they?

Not sure what to do about reading order.  Sean, is this the type of
exercise you were hoping we would do?

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm