Re: A Crack at an EARL Vocabulary

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

  >   earl:comment (x comments that y)
  > CMN how is this different from earl:detail ?

  A comment is generic, whereas a detail is specific.

       earl:detail rdfs:subClassOf earl:comment .

I figured that a detail is different from a comment in that it is attached to
something at a different level, not that it is a different type of property?

  >   earl:domain (x has the root domain y)
  > CMN What does this mean? (i.e. why is it useful?)

  This is another of Len's terms: it may be that you are saying something
  about an entire "site" rather than a specific page. This is a
  representation of that. Possibly domain is a bad word to use, and my
  definition was well off of the mark. Call it a group of pages.

OK, makes sense. Isn't there an RDF construct for this already?

  >   earl:person (x is an earl:person [@@ rdf:type discrepancies])
  > Why do we need to know that something is a person, unless it is
  > something that is either "person or tool"?

  Well, you'd want to know what it was tested by? Manual or automatic, human
  or tool. earl:person is an object.

       "x" testedBy earl:person .

yep.

  >   earl:result (x has the result y)
  >   earl:status (x has the status y)
  > Why is result differnt from status. Use case?

  I think that status would be something that is in flux, so if for example a
  tool was fixing something as it went along, the EARL that it outputs would
  be using status, whereas if something is a final definitive result, then
  use result.

Nothing is final and definitive.It's just as far as we got for now. So I
think we only need one of these.

(Anyone tracking what properties we still have?)

While I am at it, there is a question of whether it is helpful to have the
three conformance level properties that I had for ATAG relative priorities.
They allow us to directly use WCAG as an object, but I am not sure how
important each of those goals are.

cheers

Chaals

  --