RE: Monday Teleconference July 31

I'm afraid I'm swamped and won't be able to be on. Which is too bad, I'm
particularly interested in the 1st & 3rd agenda items. A couple thoughts:

I think we should come up with a way to express a page/site's accessibilty
in RDF. On thinking about it, I don't think we should do it on a
per-checkpoint basis - too long. A per-priority basis gets my vote (e.g.,
the equivalent of "this site passes all priority 1 checkpoints"). When
generated by tools, we'll need to identify the tool so we know that only
automatic support items are covered.

Javascript - ideally, a tool should process the script so it knows exactly
what's going on. This is particularly important because if a variable is
declared to point to an object we're interested in (like the "window"
object), we won't know that unless we are actually reading the script, not
just scanning the text. If we were doing this, I think it would be
theoretically possible to provide full support for all script-related
checkpoints.

As an interim, we can do a string search for common problem methods. If we
see "write(..." we know content is being generated. If we see "location(..."
we know the current or another window is being redirected. If we see
"open(..." we know a new window is being created. If we see "submit(..." we
know a form is being submitted (it's common to not provide submit buttons
for forms that are submitted by Javascript). Etc.

Michael