Re: Longdesc Interm Use

This is of course a wcag issue, but my personal opinion is to use the D
link, since images are often links themselves already, so the convention
wouldn't apply in those cases.

Also,  the user might click on the image thinking it was a link to
something more substantial when they otherwise would have preferred to skip it.

As for D vs. d vs. [D] I'd want to hear from speech users on that one.

 From a visual perspective, a plain D I think would get the fewest
complaints about messing up the look of the page.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)  (800) 750-7428 (TTY)

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/