Re: oops

At 11:30 AM 04/16/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>sort of ignore previous post, these are not tools but just urges to MS
>to include long-ignored HTML 4 possibilities.
>http://www.zotgroup.com/development/test-suites/html401/winie55/

And PLEASE feel free to send comments. My public list (and my private) is
by no means "the reference" for HTML accessibility tests. MS has this habit
of saying "you keep talking about all of these problems but we don't see
any examples of them."  So I took that to mean that we should create some.
(Of course after I showed them that they then said...."Show me some people
who are on the forefront of Web development (ie USWeb/CKS, Razorfish) who
think that a lack of fully implemented W3C recommendations effects their
time and money." But that's a different story).

Either tonight or tomorrow, I hope to have a test up showing how nasty
WinIE implements the OBJECT element and the lack of support for use of the
A element with both IMG and OBJECT for client-side image maps.

Let me know if you have any ideas about future tests or suggestions for
those already there. I got a great note from Tantek Çelik of the MacIE5.0
team asking for more tests.
--
B.K. DeLong
Research Lead