Re: Technique 5.1 (Table Headers)

Another heuristic:

layout tables typically have

border=0
padding=0
spacing=0

especially if cells contain images.  These are needed to avoid spaces
between images.

Len

At 02:21 PM 11/15/99 +0100, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

>> The guideline specifies that there should be row and/or column headers for
>> *data* tables only.
>>
>> Shouldn't there be headers for tables used for layout?
>
>No, see Checkpoint 5.4.
>
>> How could we determine if the table was a data table or a layout table?
>
>Heuristics.
>Most tables are layout today.
>Likely to have size specified (width, height), colspan, no border.
>
>Data table are likely to have tr and borders.

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)