Re: New(ish) Test Version Of Betsie

To help us test the Wayne's new(ish) version of Betsie, I've mirrored it at
our web site:

       http://shelob.ocis.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/betsie.html

with the following changes:

 1. Added form-type user interface
 2. Removed limitation to BBC sites (the "safe list").  So you can enter any
    site.

The (modified)source is at

       http://shelob.ocis.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/betsie.pl.txt

Len

At 07:18 PM 5/24/99 +0100, Wayne Myers-Education wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm currently working on an improved version of Betsie, with all kinds of
>new features and some currently highly dodgy implementations of them. All
>criticisms / suggestions / pointings out of shortcomings / whatever will be
>gratefully received; I am hoping to have the new version ready to roll
>fairly shortly, but it needs to be better than it currently is.
>
>You can test the new version here: http://dev1.bbc.co.uk/education/access/
>and I'd be particularly into hearing what people think the best way to
>ensure that everyone can customise it as easily as possible would be, as
>well as if there are any more really simple and stupid bugs that I've
>missed, or other simple one liners along the lines of:
>
>s/click here/select this link/gis;
>
>that might substantially improve things.
>
>Cheers etc.,
>
>Wayne Myers
>Interactive Software Engineer
>BBC Digital Media
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/
>0181-752-6116

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)