Re: showing local images (in Bobby)

Thanks Nir,

So the bottom line is that Bobby can include images that reside on the
user's PC by converting src to things like

src="file://c:/liberty.gif"

which indeed works in Netscape, MSIE, and all conforming browers.

Len

At 08:40 PM 5/7/99 +0300, Nir Dagan wrote:
>Len wrote:
>
>"MSIE 4.0 displays both images, including the one on my hard drive e.g.
>src="c:\liberty.gif"
>NN 4.06 only displays the image on the server."
>
>All browser will show local images if you follow the
>specification of the file:// protocol.
>
>There is no c: protocol and a conforming browser should know that.
>Clearly MSIE is not one of them.
>
>Nir Dagan
>
>http://www.nirdagan.com
>mailto:nir@nirdagan.com
>tel:+972-2-588-3143
>
>"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
>-- A. Einstein

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)