Re: NEED BY TUESDAY: status of Altifier

"Leonard R. Kasday" wrote:

> We're going to be updating folks at the CSUN conference and I wanted to
> tell them the status of altifier.
>
> I have the url of the paper at

> http://www.vorburger.ch/projects/alt/

That's correct. It will remain there "forever" as it's my own server.

> Is the code also available from you?  Either as binary or source?

The FILTER is freely available as Win32 console binary. I can make it
downloadable from the website if you want me to/think it is usefull. The
UNIX (Linux) port of the filter is under way by Silas and will be
integrated in his gateway. Silas, how is it going?

I am willing and open to share the source code of the ALTifier filter
with anybody interested upon request by e-mail. The filter will remain
free. I think it would be interesting to integrate it in Lynx or an
Apache module. Contacts welcome.

Notice that the interactive Win GUI REPAIR tool for authors (see screen
snapshot in the report) is not yet fully working, but I plan to work on
it in the coming weeks, if university time permits etc. The idea is to
market it later as a Shareware tool for a (very low) fee. Anybody
interested in this should contact me.

Regards,
Michael

--
// Michael Vorburger <mike@vorburger.ch> & <michael.vorburger@epfl.ch>
// Student of Computer Science at EPFL, Consultant at alpha ware.