Re: Study project: ALTifier or text-equiv -- Please choose!

Daniel wrote:
>I think a text-equiv filter is needed, and I think we don't want
>separate text-only pages :-)
>
>That's because I think this filter should be used by the user
>(integrated in the browser or a proxy of some kind), not the author.

LRK::
Here's my personal opinion: Right now, there are so many pages on the web
that need ALT text, and so little chance that they will be fixed soon (or
maybe ever, although I hope that education will help that), that I agree on
the priority of the text equiv filter.

We will still need to figure out priority of the various techniques, e.g as
listed  in

http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/text-equiv

unless, of course, Michael plans to do them all <grin>.

Do other folks agree with priority of the text equiv?  And if so, how shall
we prioritize the various text equiv techniques?

Len

-------
Leonard R. Kasday
Institute on Disabilities/UAP at Temple University, Philadelphia PA
email:     kasday@acm.org
telephone: (215} 204 2247