Re: Web report form (2)

> Daniel's report form at
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/report>http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/report
>
> Sheet 2, the report about a URL cannot be put on that URL itself.

I think I understand the confusion.

[http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/rep2 is an optional step that lists relevant
URLs already entered in the system so that the reporter can decide
whether or not a new one is needed.]

Although they looked like they do, the "existing report" links do not
point to the URL itself but to a report area, still to be defined,
likely to be an mailing list archive, ala:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-report/OctNov98/0017.html

I made some changes in the wording to make it clearer.

> The alternative is to provide a standard place that all the reviews
> can be put.

Yes, I could add a pointer to the archive on this step.

> How do we find the webmaster to send the report notifications.

I changed step3 so that the tool tries to guess it and presents it to
the user in an edit field.

> Each report needs to identify the date or version of the URL, in case
> it is updated.

Doesn't the date of the report (email archived) suffice ?

> The fixer should have the ability to return a message indicating
> the attempts made to fix the URL.

Just replying the report email should do it: