Re: EOWG presents: Personalization -> Adapt

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 07:55:07 -0400
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: public-personalization-tf@w3.org, "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, "w3t-wai@w3.org" <w3t-wai@w3.org>
Dear All:

After sitting with this proposal for a few days I find myself wanting to
play devil's advocate.

My concern is that the word is a present tense imperative verb. Is that
really the stance we want to take?

ARIA is a noun. I wish we could have a noun rather than an imperative
verb.

I'm not sure that the demand inherent in an imperative is the attitude
we want to take? I would further note that in the U.S. disability
advocacy context, ADAPT is a fairly millitant organization working for
accessible transportation. They've made mainstream news with their
tactics:

https://adapt.org

At the very least I think we should consider these points before moving
forward--not that I'm desiring to be the wet blanket here.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka