De : Estel·la Oncins Noguer [mailto:Estella.Oncins@uab.cat]
Envoyé : mercredi 29 mai 2019 11:08
À : w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Objet : Presentation of myself

Greetings EOWG,

I'm very happy to be joining you. Let me briefly introduce myself:

I'm a PostDoctoral researcher at the TransMedia Catalonia<http://grupsderecerca.uab.cat/transmedia/> research group from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Our expertise research field is audiovisual translation (dubbing, subtitling, voice-over, etc.) and media accessibility (subtitling for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, respeaking, audio description, audio subtitling, sign language) in various genres, platforms and supports. After an initial period devoted to descriptive research, our focus is now on user testing and technological implementation.

I come from a Translation Studies background and I specialized in Audiovisual Translation and I hold a Phd in 'Accessibility for the scenic arts'. In addition, I have a large experience in providing accessibility for live events as a freelance translator, subtitler, surtitler, respeaker for different Spanish televisions and conferences, and as an audiodescriber for Liceu Opera House. And also as a teacher in Audiovisual Translation and Media Accessibility.

I am currently working in a Erasmus+ project LTA<https://ltaproject.eu/> (Live Text Access) aiming to define the skills and competences for the development of a curriculum for real-time intralingual subtitlers.

Other Erasmus+ projects in which our research group is working are:

EASIT<http://pagines.uab.cat/easit/en> (Easy Access for Social Inclusion Training (EASIT). In this project we will create materials  to train experts on making information easy to understand. The experts will then create easy-to-understand audio-visual information. Audio-visual information is the information  you can watch and listen to at the same time.  For example, the information on television or videos like YouTube videos.

ADLABPRO<https://adlabpro.wordpress.com/> (Audio Description: A Laboratory for the Development of a New Professional Profile). The aim is to create free-access, flexible, didactic materials of a modular and customizable nature, for the creation of an extremely important yet little known professional figure with a key role in the field of media accessibility: the audio describer. This project is a continuation of the ADLAB project in which AD Guidelines<http://www.adlabproject.eu/Docs/adlab%252%E2%80%A6> were provided.

Finished project ACT<http://pagines.uab.cat/act/> (Accessible Culture Training). The project ACT purposed the definition of a new professional profile, that of the "Media Accessibility Expert/Manager for the Scenic Arts", and also the various types of training activities associated to this professional. The final outcome was a MOOC 'Accessibility to the Scenic Arts'<https://www.coursera.org/learn/accessibility-scenic-arts> which is available at the coursera platform.

Recently, our research group has submitted a proposal for another Erasmus+ related to Web Accessibility in order to define the skills and competences for the development of a curriculum for Accessibility Experts for the EN301 549.

I have met Shadi and Eric at the WAI Tools open day in Brussels last May, 20th.

Looking at the extensive todo list or exciting projects out on the EOWG home page, I do look forward to contributing, sharing and learning from you all!

Best regards,

Estel·la Oncins

Edifici MRA 126  - Campus UAB
08193 Bellaterra