RE: Strategy and planning task sorting exercise

Thanks Kevin,

Think there's a case for adding to the Deck:

"Understanding of Assistive Technologies likely to be used by developers with additional needs".

"Understanding of Assistive Technologies likely to be adopted by end-user groups with additional needs".

"Consideration of how accessibility policies and practices applied to websites might also apply to documents held on those sites and to software more generally".

Item 1 is probably the main addition.

The WAI page below is relevant.

Look for "Level of Assistive Technology Support Needed for "Accessibility Support".)" on

http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/conformance.html#uc-support-level-head

It does mention need for international discussion. But, in 2009 (pre WCAG2) the message was clearer and stronger.

Also worth considering the below Blind Technologists LinkedIn group page.

Note the thread on trouble with tools...as a developer', started by Chanandeep.

It's making my point that developers/professionals with special needs should be considered too.

(And it's difficult using the Deck-sorter tool with a screen-reader, though not impossible if the SR is properly programmed).

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Blind-Technologists-2796139

Big thanks,

Howard

  _____