Re: Strategic Plan intro

Thanks. Additional replies below.

On 10/15/2014 4:56 AM, Kevin White wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> I certainly like the succinctness of this. There are a couple of
> points that I included in the existing introduction that I think are
> quite important and could be included in your suggestion:
>
> • Suggesting that accessibility is an intrinsic and ongoing activity
> and comparing to something like security. The aim is to promote the
> idea that accessibility is not a bolt on or a separate activity but
> should be seen as an integral part.

Perhaps starting out "A successful plan for web accessibility addresses many areas of your organization and projects: training, quality assurance, recruiting, purchasing, marketing, content development, visual design, and more." conveys that?

(fyi, "intrinsic activity" doesn't work for me :-)

> • Permission to explore the topics in any order and to revisit areas
> as things develop.

Right. However, I wonder if by changing the title from "Implementation Plan" to "... Guidance for Developing a Plan for Your..." and saying "This document provides ... guidance on what to consider in developing ...", that is no longer necessary?

> As a minor point, is this content suitable for CIOs? I could have
> thought it would be something dealt with by a subordinate to that
> office?

And Shadi notes that we try to avoid titles, so CIO isn't good anyway. I do think we need something higher-level than "project managers, team leaders, small business owners, and accessibility consultants". Maybe "IT managers" or "web managers"? What functional role(s) will often do this level of strategic planing?

> Thanks
>
> Kevin

Best,
~Shawn