Button research discussion

From: Anna Belle Leiserson <ableiserson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:00:25 -0500
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Following up on Sharron's email to a different EO list (linked here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2014Aug/att-0003/00-part),
I've been wading through the same set of articles. It's all so murky.
 (BTW, this is in re. where to put next/previous buttons on the WCAG EM
Report Tool http://w3c.github.io/wcag-em-report-tool/dist/#/).

I agree with Sharron's logic.  And then using my gut and thinking about a
few big, popular commercial sites, I take it one step further.... I wonder
if the clearest thing might be having *only* a Next button -- and align it
on the left?  (In other words, axe the Previous button.)

If it's important to have easy access to previous step(s) on longer pages,
right beneath the solo Next button the top progress bar could be replicated.

Anna Belle