From: doyle saylor [mailto:doylesaylor@mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:12 AM
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick
Cc: Joshue O Connor; Shawn Henry; Eric Eggert; EOWG (E-mail)
Subject: Re: avoid "color contrast"

Hi All,
Color contrasts refers explicitly to how different colors contrast.  That contrast which is very visible comparing red to blue for example does not refer to lightness or darkness.  Whereas readability contrast really rests upon discerning letter shapes against a background.  Color contrasts introduces an ambiguity to discerning text that makes the job of a web developer harder.
Doyle Saylor

Sent from my iPad