RE: Easy Check - Page title tips and WAI example

Hi Suzette,

On page titles, you asked:

Is the auditory experience different for screen reader users, or have
behaviours changed since the introduction of multiple tabbed browser
windows?

There hasn't been any change in screen reader behaviour since the invention
of tabbed pages, the reader reads the page title when the page has loaded.
I think the reason why reverse breadcrumb order (page - section - company)
is suggested is to reduce the amount of audible repetition  . if the order
is  (company, section page), company and section will be repeated in every
page within a section of a website.  Then we have to mentally filter the
words until the end of the page title string is heard to identify what the
current page topic is.

HTH,

Bim

  _____