Re: EOWG: ACTIONS for all this week [was: Preliminary Evaluation text resize, page zoom, window resize]

Hi Wayne,

While the criteria do not talk about browser enabled page zoom it is still
a method that is used to resize content, and while it should simply scale
up content it is in reality vulnerable to the same issues that text
resizing has. It is easy to build a page which causes content to disappear
off the edges of the windown without the browsers adding scrollbars to
extend to bring them in to view for example.

Criteria that don't include this are in my view are incomplete criteria,
and the absense of criteria for page zoom does not invalidate this test as
far as accessibility concerns go.

It is also not a case that only 100% and 200% should be test. Although the
current tests don't mention it it is also possible to have designs which
make content inaccessible at 150% but which are corrected at 200%.

The purpose of adding to these sections at this time is to determine what
goes in and what to leave out. While the SC are a useful guide it shouldn't
be a limiting factor to what is considered a legitmate test. It's my view
that we can easily treat page zoom, text resize (and to a lesser extent
window resizing) with a set of tests that are easy to perform together and
require little overhead to combine.

Thanks,

Ian.