EOWG work this week (2 hours before Friday teleconference)

Hey EOWG folks,

There's lots of updated material to review before the teleconference this week. It's listed under "Actions for all EOWG" at the top of the EOWG home page: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#actionsall>

Please review this material and add your comments to the wiki before the teleconference -- or, send e-mail.

On 1/23/2013 9:37 AM, Shawn Henry wrote:
> Active EOWG participants,
>
> In the Easy Checks draft, two sections are ready for your careful review:
> * alt text <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Web_Accessibility_Preliminary_Evaluation#Check_image_text_alternatives_.28.22alt_text.22.29>
> * headings <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Web_Accessibility_Preliminary_Evaluation#Check_headings>
>
> To get a fresh perspective (rather than getting bogged down in details right away), perhaps a good approach is to first jot down notes on what you would advise newbies on how to check alt and headings - before you read the draft. Then read the draft and see where there is a disconnect.
>
> If you have minor edits, please go ahead and fix the draft text. If you have issues for discussion and don't want to clutter the main text, you can add comments to the sections at the end: "EOWG Notes on alt text" and "EOWG Notes on Headings". (As always, use whatever method of sharing comments that you are comfortable with -- you can also send comments in e-mail.)
>
> Please do *make time to review this before Friday's teleconference*, and share your comments so others can think about them before the teleconference.
>
> (I also have some thoughts on the overall approach to the document that I will send out later for your consideration.)

Update: Questions on overall approach are now in the Analysis wiki page and linked from the "Actions for all EOWG" list: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/#actionsall>

Talk to you Friday!

~Shawn