Re: EOWG: work on Evaluation resources - use cases

Hi All
As you know, WCAG-EM draft is in a review stage and EOWG is revewing it at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/WCAG-EM_review. This conformance evaluation
methodology will be a very useful and valuable document to improve the
quality of web accessibility.

I propose that it may help the review process if we establish some
different use cases to act as test cases.

I think WCAG-EM should resonate with the experiences of web developers and
commisioners in a substantial variety of national and international
contexts. We can use the use cases to represent these differences in a
systematic way.

Shawn started a wiki of use cases at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Eval_Analysis covering preliminary and
conformance evaluation.

In the third task in the table, row head "Thorough, authoratative
evaluation of WCAG conformance." I have added a few more use cases so as to
increase the scope to include large organisations using web agencies and
CMS doing a complete redesign through to a developer or author adding a new
section or some content to their website. Plus also two use cases for
maintenance.

Please can you read and add to the use cases, or comment on them  so that
we can discuss this on Friday eg  Is this a useful strategy, which are or
are not in scope and  which are  or are not addressed by WCAG-EM?

Working in the table can be tricky (I spent some time fixing it after I
broke it!). So you might prefer to add comments to the Discussion page, or
to email me and I'll put the comments together for the EOWG meeting.
Best wishes to all
Suzette

--
Suzette Keith
Usability and Accessibility Consultant: requirements gathering and