Re: Review this week: Media Accessibility User Requirements

Hi All,

A few comments, though overall great to see this draft document appear.
Others I've shown it too have also bee complimentary.

The Abstract didn't give me the impression that we would have a clear list
of requirements, e.g. DV-n, DVT-n, etc. I'd suggest this be added to the
abstract

The document is also missing an introduction to give some context.

Section 2 ...

2.2 low vision - I'm not sure it is correct to say "will have similar
issues as people who are blind". Some will, but many with low vision have a
wide range of issues depend on the cause of their low vision. The current
statement is a bit too general, especially as the rest of the section gives
examples that are not necessarily the same as the issues experienced by
totally blind people (who seem to be the group included in 2.1 rather than
those how are 'legally blind'). The second sentence in 2.2 might add
"discriminating detail".

2.3 - Does atypical colour perception include colour blindness? if yes,
then lets say so. And maybe give examples of other 'atypical colour
perception'.

2.7 - the same issues described here also pertain to people who are blind
and cannot see the player controls. this issues needs to be included
somewhere.

2.8 - this a very broad category. Autism seems to have been specifically
addressed, but there are also ways of addressing some of the other
conditions mentioned and these should be discussed.

Section 3 ...

This section seems to be in an odd order - I would suggest having the
easiest to implement alternative content types first (e.g Transcript
probably)

Is 3.2 text video description a subset of 3.1 video description? It's
mentioned as such in 3.1. if yes, then maybe it should be numbered as such.

Afraid that's as far as I got today.

Andrew

--
Andrew Arch
  Canberra, Australia

“Man does not cease to play because he grows old.
    Man grows old because he ceases to play.”
George Bernard Shaw