Re: updated expand/collapse functionality for review

[trimmed recipients list]

Thanks for testing Liam, some comments below:

On 10.3.2011 20:22, Liam McGee wrote:
> Hi Shadi
>
> I am using Chrome, and I find that the keyboard focus is not moving with
> the viewport. So if I nav to 'On this page > Mr. Lee, online shopper
> with color blindness', and hit enter, viewport moves down to an expanded
> Mr. Lee, but if I then hit tab agin I pop back up to 'On this page > Mr.
> Jones, Reporter with repetitive stress injury'... in fact, of course,
> the keyboard focus never moved from ''On this page > Mr Lee...' in the
> first place. As far as I know the only way around this is to use a
> script to force the focus to the new element.

AFAIK this is a bug in Chrome, not related to the expand/collapse script
-- it is because the target element is not focusable (it's a heading) so
the focus is not moved. This applies to all WAI pages.

> Would imagine this will be the same in all webkit browsers.

Possibly.

> This issue is not present in Moz and IE browsers.

Right.

> In Firefox 3.6.15, I am not seeing the expand/collapse functionality.
> Not sure why.

I can't reproduce this error. Can you send me a screen grab offlist?

> In Rockemtl, which I think is built on FF4, all is good

Good.

> In IE9 the 'overview, stories of web users...' tabs at top are broken
> (running full width of the section and displaying list-style-type disc),
> and the plus and minus icons on the buttons are not showing

We did not have IE9 in our initial list of requirements :(

Since IE9 is still a Release Candidate (not a final version), I will put
this on the bug list. Don't think it is a show-stopper.

> Suggest buttons use the SILK set for the icons (famfamfam.com) as they
> are pretty standard and free to use and well put together.

I played around with those on the test page:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/2009/excol.html>

> I can do you some nice CSS3 for styling if you like!

Please!

Thanks,
   Shadi